A few extra comments about our little artist:
- First of all, when you look at Maddy's art, keep in mind that our Baby Rembrandt is just barely four years old. She was born 7/31/2004 (4 pounds, 2 ounces) and was probably at least two months premature. It was only just this past week that she finally hit 30 pounds in weight! She's a peanut but she's a powerhouse! When you consider her young age, her art skills are even more impressive!
- Maddy is meticulous (almost to a fault). For example, if she makes a tiny mistake when she signs her name, she'll throw the whole picture away. I can't tell you how many times I've waited until she wasn't looking and raced to the trash to retrieve something I thought was really special.
- I love this pickle. It was one of the things I pulled from the trash because she was frustrated that she signed her name with a tiny little wiggle on one of the D's. I cropped that part off because I knew she'd be horrified to see it later. That's my goofy little girl! We're constantly reminding her that perfection isn't a goal you have to achieve right away. For the most part, she understands this and the next bullet point is a good example.
- She thinks her animals are more special if they have more than the four legs God gave them. Here's her giraffe. I asked her how many legs he had and she said there were six -- and she was pretty darn happy about that! I just hugged her and told her he was the most awesome giraffe ever!
- When she drew a cherry last week, I told her how to spell it and she wrote it down. A few days later, she drew another cherry and wrote "CHRRY" under it totally from memory! My girl rocks!
- She wrote "Mommy" above the prettiest flower I've ever seen and brought it to me while I was in the bathroom putting on my makeup (see top left photo, above). It made me cry then I had to put my makeup on all over again! I'm so blessed to have Maddy in my life!