Six Weird Things About Me
Tenley's Mom, Michelle, from The Taming of Tenley tagged me so I'm supposed to tell you six weird things about me. There are so many more to tell but here are the first six that come to mind:
- My number one pet peeve is telemarketers. I thought the no-call list would end my misery but it seems companies who you’ve done prior business with are “allowed” to market to you this annoying way. Maybe it’s their special way of saying thanks for your prior business? If I’m not in a hurry to do something else, I love to screw with telemarketers. I’ll say “Uh huh” constantly while they do their shpeil and when they get to the end, I’ll say: “I’m sorry, can you please repeat that” or I’ll pretend to misunderstand that the service they’re so enthusiastically offering isn’t free. Once I actually asked if I could put them on speaker phone so I could have both hands free to finish cutting up the body (I was really in the middle of making a smoothie for my 11 year old son so I put the phone next to the blender and pressed the “puree” button while my son screamed in the background). ...
- I put a personal ad on the internet in 2000 and got more than 300 replies. Only 1% were potential “keepers”. My husband was one of them and I still pinch myself every day that I’m married to such an amazing man. We exchanged more than 100 email before meeting in person and I never saw his picture until just before that first meeting. ...
- I was a three month preemie. ...
- I love black licorice. I keep a bag of Good & Plenty in the car in the summer and let it get hot and soft so I can munch it until I’m driving around in a sugar induced coma. ...
- My fingernails naturally grow in a French manicure. I don’t know how I got so lucky. ...
- I hate chain letters because I’m just a little bit superstitious. I resent having to worry about my luck after a friend sends me a joke with a promise that something good will happen if I forward it to 20 of my best friends. So, even though there’s no promise of good (or bad) luck if I don’t tag 6 of my buddies, I’m not gonna do it. I will post it on the MSN Adopting From China forum though!
Okay, I can't just stop at 6 so here are nine more weird things about me:
- I was in a Folger's coffee commercial when I was 20.
- I love the smell of burnt pumpkins! (they smell like halloween!)
- I can put my foot behind my neck.
- I was the first female Chinook pilot in Germany.
- I love to chew regular aspirin even though it hurts my ears like hell for the first two seconds!
- I hate cilantro! I would starve before I'd eat anything containing it.
- I can't drink plain water. It has to have a flavor or I just can't swallow it.
- I've eaten Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch cereal until the roof of my mouth bled!
- I always defend the under-dog. I once jumped from my date's car and chased down a mugger in my 3 inch heels! My date stayed in his car and that was our last date.