Why a backpack? Well, when you're lugging around a 20 pound infant, you can't have too many free hands, right?!
Here's what's inside (clockwise from upper left)
(Fat white kitty not included)
- One bottle of water for making formula
- Sipper cup for mom (with two packs of Crystal Light Raspberry mix)
- Five Huggies diapers
- Two disposable changing pads
- One travel size package of wipes
- "Duck" thingy with bags to put soiled diapers in
- One tube of Vaseline
- Two plush toys (that hang from little "nooses" on the front of the bag)
- One package of Gerber Graduates Mini-Fruits
- Plastic pouch containing tweezers, emery board, chapstick, hair bands,
disinfectant wipes, mirror, bandaides and pill container with Advil, etc.
- Digital Camera
- Zone bar (snack for mom and dad)
- Small hairbrush
- Baby nail clippers
- Insulated "bottle bag" (containing items 22 through 29)
- One pretzel shaped teething ring with pacifier clip to hold it (instead of a pacifier)
- Vinyl bib
- Three single serving sized pouches of powdered soy-based baby formula
- Playtex nurser (bottle) with small bottle of juice inside.
- Small sippy cup with another small bottle of juice inside
- Five disposable adhesive placemats
- Three disposable baby spoons
- One small covered container with suction bottom
- One gallon sized ziploc bag containing items 31 through 34
- Light green receiving blanket
- One pair of pink socks with non-slip soles
- One pair of pink lightweight pants
- One "onesie"
- One lightweight baby sweater for those hot days when the air-conditioning is up full blast!
- One terrycloth/velcro shopping cart handle cover.
And there was still enough room for a lightweight sweater for Mommy!
- I should point out that we don't intend to carry the large backpack everywhere we go. It's just for the China trip and other trips we take without a car.
- For everything else, I've found this wonderful bag on the left. It's made by "Ameribag" and it's from their "Healthy Back" line. My back is fine (and I'd sorta like to keep it that way) but this bag has features that make it stand out from all of the others.
- * It had a non-slip grip underside to the shoulder strap so it won't fall off your shoulder.
- * It's amazingly well made (you might expect that for $60)
- * I has lots of pockets inside and out so everything has its place and you don't have to hunt things down.
- The "small" size is large enough to carry two diapers, a disposable changing pad, a small container of baby wipes, a small tube of vaseline, a baby sweater, a lightweight sweater for Mommy, a wallet, a pair of sunglasses, keys, a small makeup pouch, a pen and notepad, a bib, disposable placemat, package of tissues, sippy cup, a couple of teething toys and still have room to spare.
- I'm enthusiastically recommending it to anyone with a kid. It's' sleek and elegant and nice enough to carry all the time! Since it's a "sling" bag, it's over your shoulder and the bulk of the weight is behind you. That way, you can carry your baby and not worry about the bag getting in the way. I did lots of research and nothing even comes close to this bag.