We had our first meeting with ACCEPT this afternoon. They're our agency and USAA is our China Facilitator. We paid our Agency Fee and got our packet! There sure are lots of forms but, of course, our baby will prove to be more than worth it!
Originally, I had just Gwendolyn's paperchase listed here but now that we've adopted Madeline, I've added a column for her. The chart, below, might be a bit hard to read because it's resized to fit on the blog. Click on the chart to see the full size version.
Gwen's paperchase was exactly three months from the date we signed the agency agreement (Start date) to the date they sent our dossier to China.
- DTC was the first week of January 2005.
- LID was the last week of January 2005.
- Referral was July 28th, 2005 and Gotcha was September 5th.
- Total time from Start to Gotcha was just under 11 months.
Maddy's paperchase was 1.5 months from the date we signed the agency agreement (start date) to the date they sent our dossier to China.
- DTC was early May 2006.
- LID was May 15, 2006.
- Our travel authorization was 68 days later and Gotcha was Aug 23rd, 2006.
- Total time from Start to Gotcha was just under 5 months.